Tricolore Fusilli alla Caprese
Capri-style salad with Pastarina Fusilli Tricolore pasta, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and mozzarella cheese.
500 gm Pastarina Fusilli Tricolore pasta
3 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ cup fresh basil leaves
250 gm fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
1. Cook Pastarina Fusilli Tricolore pasta according to the instructions on the pack.
2. Drain pasta from water and then transfer it to a large bowl. Set it aside.
3. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water.
4. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
5. Sauté the garlic for about 2 minutes.
6. Add the cherry tomatoes.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Smash the tomato with a fork when it is softened.
9. Simmer for about 4 minutes.
10. Add the tomato mixture to the pasta bowl. Toss to coat.
11. Add the basil leaves and mozzarella cubes. Stir to combine.
12. Add the reserved pasta water gradually, stirring continuously until the pasta is moist. Serve.