A traditional Arabian dish that is prepared with Emirates Macaroni Fine Vermicelli and served with fried eggs.
500 gm Emirates Macaroni Boowarda
¼ cup butter
1 ½ cups sugar
1 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp saffron
2 tsp rose water
2 tsp raw cashew
Salt and pepper
1. In a large pot, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat.
2. Sauté Emirates Macaroni Boowarda in the melted butter for 2 minutes or until softened.
3. Cover the vermicelli with boiling water.
4. Reduce the heat and cook the vermicelli until boiling.
5. Drain the vermicelli from water.
6. Return the vermicelli to the pot and cook again on low heat.
7. Add the sugar and mix it well with the vermicelli.
8. Add the ground cardamom, saffron, rose water, and cashew. Mix to combine.
9. Cover the pot and cook the mixture for 10 minutes.
10. In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and fry the eggs for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Serve balaleet with the fried eggs on top.